PLP Develops Free App -The First in its Industry
After months of development and data gathering, Preformed Line Products is proud to announce the launch of the official Preformed Line Products App. The first of its kind in our industry, The Preformed App allows the user to search for any and all information pertaining to conductors commonly used in the electrical energy field.
Developed to simplify the workload of the end user, PLP has created a completely searchable database containing all the conductor information engineers and lineman could use. Search by code name, size, and diameter (both inches and metric). Also gain easy access to company information for all fourteen subsidiaries around the world, along with links to Preformed’s Twitter and YouTube pages.
The App is currently available for all iphones, ipod touches, and ipads. Simply search the store for Preformed, conductor, or any of the common conductor groups like ACSR.
This is just the beginning for Preformed’s App. Looking into the future you will have the ability to search a much larger database including OPGW, ADSS, and High Temperature, more detailed contact information for markets around the world, product recommendations for specific utility lines, and receive faster customer service with the App’s quick request button.
Preformed has always prided itself on strong engineering, quality products and unparalleled customer service to set itself above the rest. The App, along with our steps into Twitter and YouTube are extensions of that belief. Providing the most to support our customers ensures and cements our future as a top tier provider of hardware to the utility markets that we serve.
- 13 March 2013330kV Disconnector Achieves Mile Stone 3000 Operations
- 5 February 2013New office in Vietnam
- 1 February 2013Michaud Group presents PLP with an Achievement Trophy
- 24 January 2013Safety Service Disconnector
- 18 September 2012BlueSky Energy will be trading as PLP Solar
- 29 August 2012New solar panels in PLP's car park
- 4 July 2012PLP Partners with Tavrida Switchgear and Protection.
- 13 June 2012PLP Australia Powered by Solar!
- 5 June 2012Introducing Malcolm Stewart New Managing Director of PLP Australia
- 1 February 2012AEM Acquisition Announcement
- 6 December 2011PLP Christmas Shutdown
- 3 December 2011Preformed App - Updated
- 1 December 20112012 Substation Catalogue
- 1 September 2011World's Highest Voltage Class Transformers
- 28 June 2011PLP Develops Free App -The First in its Industry
- 1 April 2011Utility Develops Under Hung Busbar Concept As Step Toward New Substation Design
- 25 March 2011PLP Now A Member of The Asia Pacific Utilities Group (APUG)
- 8 March 2011Preformed Line Products - The Making of A Network
- 1 December 20102011 Insulator Catalogue Launch
- 18 May 2010PLP ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE ELECTROPAR LIMITED
- 1 March 20102010 Communications Catalogue Launch
- 23 December 2009Preformed Line Products Announces Completion of Its Acquisition of The Dulmison Business
- 1 December 2009PLP FibreformX Cross Arms Ready for Field Trial
- 5 September 2009Energy 21C - 2009 AMDTs Launch
- 4 September 20092009 Transmission Catalogue Launch
- 2 July 20092009 Distribution Catalogue Launched!
- 2 March 2009PLP Launches Amorphous Metal Distribution Transformers in Australia
- 9 February 2009PLP’s New Substation Catalogue Launches 09”
- 16 November 2008PLP - A Major Supplier of Busbar Systems to the Australian Market
- 18 August 2008Bluesky Energy Exhibits it's Solar Products
- 5 June 2008PLP enters the Renewable Energy Market
- 24 April 2008Agro Trend Field Day 2008
- 12 November 2007Chicago Nights Cabaret
- 27 September 2007Complimentary VORTX Placement Schedule
- 24 September 2007Major Supplier of Busbar Systems to Australian Market
- 10 August 2007PLP Corona Analysis Service
- 23 April 2007Preformed Line Products acquires Belos S.A.
- 30 July 2005Turning the First Soil
- 20 July 2005SSD Field Trial
- 6 July 2005Safety Service Disconnector
- 5 July 2005Energy Australia Recognition
- 1 July 2005PLP wins Aurora Supplier of the Year
- 29 July 2004PLP Embraces Accelerated Product Development
- 19 July 2004Turnkey Substation Anchors
- 6 July 2004Fibre to the Home
- 4 July 2004PLP's New Operation in Asia
- 21 October 2002Dedicated Queensland Sales Office in Brisbane
- 10 October 2002PLP Wins Export Award AEEMA
- 7 September 2002Country Energy says Thanks
- 3 September 2002PLP Awarded for Excellence
- 23 August 2002PLP Celebrates 40 Years
- 7 August 2002Mobile Training with PLP
- 26 December 2001PLP-100% Australian
- 25 December 2001D2001 Exhibition
- 20 August 2001PLP Re-Invest in Australian Manufacturing
- 15 August 2001Molong Substation
- 4 August 2001PLP-a growing success in Asia
- 25 November 1999New Product - Coyote Runt fibre optic closure
- 18 November 1999PLP's KGK Lasco drop forge hammer
- 12 November 1999Advance Energy and PLP
- 6 July 1999Pro-Engineer Proves its worth
- 2 July 1999New Product- ABC Service Terminations
- 1 July 1999PLP Enters the Data Communications Market