PLP Corona Analysis Service
Preformed Line Products has recently acquired state of the art software for undertaking finite element analysis of high voltage density surfaces.
This particular software is used to analyse surfaces that might cause corona problems under given voltage and ground plane distance parameters. The finite element method solves the electrostatic problems by breaking the entire domain into small triangular regions, which gives the total electrostatic potential field values. PLP is the only licensee of this software in Australia.
Our newly appointed Electrical Engineer, Parul Sharma, who has received training from the authors of the software, is shown right studying a field diagram with Dan McGonigal (Manager-Special Projects). The software permits a 3D model of a powerline fitting or substation fitting, to be tested in a virtual test laboratory at a given voltage with a variety of ground plane conditions.
PLP has formed a strategic alliance with a renowned, independent corona consultant to provide in-field analysis of corona problems. Dr R Morrow worked for CSIRO, Lindfield, for 25 years, during which time he designed and conducted many corona experiments in the High Voltage Laboratory, as well as working on corona theory. Dr Morrow has had many peer reviewed papers published on various aspects of corona, streamer propagation and gas discharge problems. His explanation of the negative corona pulse current was the first definitive explanation of this phenomenon since it was first observed by Wheatstone in 1825. In addition, Dr Morrow has also explained positive glow corona and his explanation is the first definitive explanation of the phenomena since it was first observed by Faraday in 1838. Dr Morrow has had extensive experience in the field of sparking and electric shock events in the mining industry as well as developing a model to predict the breakdown in SF6 switchgear used in the power industry.
We will travel anywhere in the country to study corona issues and will provide not just a theoretical solution, but a fully designed and manufactured product to solve the problem. If you would like PLP to address a corona problem for you, please call us on 02-88050000 and ask for the corona hot line, or speak to your PLP Regional Sales Manager.
- 13 March 2013330kV Disconnector Achieves Mile Stone 3000 Operations
- 5 February 2013New office in Vietnam
- 1 February 2013Michaud Group presents PLP with an Achievement Trophy
- 24 January 2013Safety Service Disconnector
- 18 September 2012BlueSky Energy will be trading as PLP Solar
- 29 August 2012New solar panels in PLP's car park
- 4 July 2012PLP Partners with Tavrida Switchgear and Protection.
- 13 June 2012PLP Australia Powered by Solar!
- 5 June 2012Introducing Malcolm Stewart New Managing Director of PLP Australia
- 1 February 2012AEM Acquisition Announcement
- 6 December 2011PLP Christmas Shutdown
- 3 December 2011Preformed App - Updated
- 1 December 20112012 Substation Catalogue
- 1 September 2011World's Highest Voltage Class Transformers
- 28 June 2011PLP Develops Free App -The First in its Industry
- 1 April 2011Utility Develops Under Hung Busbar Concept As Step Toward New Substation Design
- 25 March 2011PLP Now A Member of The Asia Pacific Utilities Group (APUG)
- 8 March 2011Preformed Line Products - The Making of A Network
- 1 December 20102011 Insulator Catalogue Launch
- 18 May 2010PLP ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE ELECTROPAR LIMITED
- 1 March 20102010 Communications Catalogue Launch
- 23 December 2009Preformed Line Products Announces Completion of Its Acquisition of The Dulmison Business
- 1 December 2009PLP FibreformX Cross Arms Ready for Field Trial
- 5 September 2009Energy 21C - 2009 AMDTs Launch
- 4 September 20092009 Transmission Catalogue Launch
- 2 July 20092009 Distribution Catalogue Launched!
- 2 March 2009PLP Launches Amorphous Metal Distribution Transformers in Australia
- 9 February 2009PLP’s New Substation Catalogue Launches 09”
- 16 November 2008PLP - A Major Supplier of Busbar Systems to the Australian Market
- 18 August 2008Bluesky Energy Exhibits it's Solar Products
- 5 June 2008PLP enters the Renewable Energy Market
- 24 April 2008Agro Trend Field Day 2008
- 12 November 2007Chicago Nights Cabaret
- 27 September 2007Complimentary VORTX Placement Schedule
- 24 September 2007Major Supplier of Busbar Systems to Australian Market
- 10 August 2007PLP Corona Analysis Service
- 23 April 2007Preformed Line Products acquires Belos S.A.
- 30 July 2005Turning the First Soil
- 20 July 2005SSD Field Trial
- 6 July 2005Safety Service Disconnector
- 5 July 2005Energy Australia Recognition
- 1 July 2005PLP wins Aurora Supplier of the Year
- 29 July 2004PLP Embraces Accelerated Product Development
- 19 July 2004Turnkey Substation Anchors
- 6 July 2004Fibre to the Home
- 4 July 2004PLP's New Operation in Asia
- 21 October 2002Dedicated Queensland Sales Office in Brisbane
- 10 October 2002PLP Wins Export Award AEEMA
- 7 September 2002Country Energy says Thanks
- 3 September 2002PLP Awarded for Excellence
- 23 August 2002PLP Celebrates 40 Years
- 7 August 2002Mobile Training with PLP
- 26 December 2001PLP-100% Australian
- 25 December 2001D2001 Exhibition
- 20 August 2001PLP Re-Invest in Australian Manufacturing
- 15 August 2001Molong Substation
- 4 August 2001PLP-a growing success in Asia
- 25 November 1999New Product - Coyote Runt fibre optic closure
- 18 November 1999PLP's KGK Lasco drop forge hammer
- 12 November 1999Advance Energy and PLP
- 6 July 1999Pro-Engineer Proves its worth
- 2 July 1999New Product- ABC Service Terminations
- 1 July 1999PLP Enters the Data Communications Market